DJ DELF Dailies

This is your “DJ DELF Dailies” blog section. Have questions? Have ideas? Missed a riddle? Need an answer? Here is your chance to post and our chance to grow together as French teachers!

20 Comments

• Educorock Reply

Need an answer to a DJ DELF Dailies riddle of the day? Ask away!

September 19, 2015 at 9:27 am
  • Educorock Reply

New to DJ DELF Dailies? You can do them in class. Or, you can participate with hundreds of other students and teachers around the world on Twitter and Facebook. Take a look at some examples:

DJ DELF Dailies in Action :
    Riddle of the Day : https://twitter.com/etienne2/status/606053011236995072
    Subject of the Day: https://twitter.com/etienne2/status/605691637906468864
    Photo Thursday: https://twitter.com/etienne2/status/603878757569552385

September 20, 2015 at 9:30 am
  • Marion Wagner Reply

My class loves the Dailies!

September 20, 2015 at 7:21 pm
  • Francesca Reply

The DJ DELF Dailies are a great way to get students to build on their vocabulary.
    This year I am using them for the first time. I typically have sujet du jour, time the students, and those who have participated and attempted to say words in French get a ticket “j’ai parlé le français.” I put the names with the tickets inside of a bag. At the end of the week, I draw three names and award a prize. I have noticed that my Grade 6/7s are improving their vocab and are taking more risks. What an excellent way to get students to speak.

September 20, 2015 at 8:30 pm
  • D’Arcy T Reply

Okay, I can’t wait. What was the answer to yesterday’s enigme?

September 22, 2015 at 10:07 am
  • Educorock Reply

No problem. This is the place to do it since this is “our” place! 🙂

The answer is “Un arbre” (yes, you can groan, now).

September 22, 2015 at 2:48 pm
    • D’Arcy T Reply

I was on the right track with sequoia, then!

(You’ll never hear me groan at one of these – this is totally my sense of humour)

September 22, 2015 at 9:27 pm
      • Educorock Reply

You “planted” a good answer and hit the “root” of the riddle when you “branched” out with the sequoia response! You didn’t “leave” any doubt! Your “bark” had bite!

September 22, 2015 at 10:45 pm
        • Leslie Ferrera Reply

LOL! I’m in disbe”leaf” on how well you were able to integrate all those words!

September 24, 2015 at 1:19 pm
          • Educorock

LOL. Well played Leslie!

September 24, 2015 at 1:54 pm
  • Educorock Reply

Please remember to RETWEET (on Twitter) or SHARE (on your Facebook account) the riddles and subjects of the day. And, when tweeting, remember to use the hashtag #djdelf. Thanks. That keeps us together! 🙂

September 23, 2015 at 9:13 am
  • Jennifer Reply

Why do French turkeys need to use Head and Shoulders? Because they have “dinde” -druff!

September 23, 2015 at 10:29 am
  • Francesca Reply

Bonjour collègues,

J’aimerais savoir la réponse pour l’énigme : j’ai un châpeau mais pas de tête, un pied mais pas de souliers.

Merci beaucoup.

October 1, 2015 at 9:06 am
    • Educorock Reply

Un champignon ou une lampe ! 😉

October 1, 2015 at 9:31 am
  • Francesca Reply

Bonjour collègues!
    J’essaie de penser à la réponse pour l’énigme de “Où cultive-t-on l’ail ?” est-ce que c’est le potager?
    Mille mercis.

Francesca

October 5, 2015 at 9:40 pm
    • Educorock Reply

Salut Francesca et collègues… C’est triste et peut-être même pas drôle…. la réponse c’est un “chandail”… un champs d’ail…

October 5, 2015 at 10:04 pm
  • Leslie Reply

Using the Musique Mardi feedback sheet, I created a quick survey in Kahoot to use after listening to the “Chanson du jour”. It saves paper and photocopying and my students enjoyed seeing the class results! I titled it “DJDELF Musique Mardi” and it is posted publicly if anyone would like to use it! Amusez-vous bien!

October 13, 2015 at 2:17 pm
    • Leslie Reply

Sorry! It is “DJDELF Mardi Musique” (I seem to always want to say this backwards!)

October 13, 2015 at 2:19 pm
  • Francesca Reply

Chers collègues,

J’aimerais savoir la réponse pour l’énigme ‘La réponse à laquelle on ne peut jamais répondre “oui” ‘. Est-ce que la réponse est non?

Mille mercis,

Francesca

November 9, 2015 at 9:34 pm
    • Educorock Reply

Two popular answers to this are the questions: “Are you sleeping?” and “Are you dead?”

November 9, 2015 at 9:49 pm